rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Burmese Days - George Orwell I was going to mark it as 3 stars because I didn't like the ending but I really enjoyed reading this book so I changed my mind. As a person who spent her teen years in a former British colony, albeit in the 90s, I could identify with a lot that the book talked about. It still shocked me how racist the Europeans were to the local Burmese and also how they lived in a different culture and never really appreciated that culture, no matter how long they had lived there.