Rowena's Reviews

Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz Great story. Junot Diaz really knows how to captivate an audience!

Personally, I enjoyed the historical footnotes. I don't know much about Dominican history so I was interested to read about the dictator Trujillo and other Dominican historical figures. Also, I think the author did a good job in portraying how prevalent colourism is in the Dominican Republic.

I did not like the excessive use of the n-word and my Spanish isn't good enough to understand the copious amount of Spanish phrases in the book. Overall, I really enjoyed the story.