rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner Wow, just wow. This was a tough read. I'm beginning to realize I'm not a fan of the stream of consciousness narrative style; the jumping from one person's point of view to another's drove me mad, but not as mad as the lack of punctuation in most of the dialogue. The story itself was depressing and I feel I would have enjoyed it a lot more had there been punctuation. Why did he omit punctuation, I have no idea. I keep hearing how great Faulkner is but I'm not sure whether to give him another go.