rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy I am usually not intimidated by novels of this size but I guess War and Peace's reputation precedes itself and it took me quite a while, with many breaks, before I finished it. I found the sections on Russian aristocratic society very interesting, and also the section on freemasonry and Tolstoy's philosophical insights.There were several characters in the book and it was quite confusing at first, but after a while I figured out which characters to concentrate on.Probably my reason for not giving this book 5 stars is because the first half of the book didn't really grab my attention as the second half.