rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
The Secret History - Donna Tartt What an amazing book! Reading the book made me wish I'd studied Greek classics at University; the stories and philosophies of the ancient Greeks seem so fascinating. This is definitely a very intellectual, psychological read with a lot of mystery. The language is beautiful. I read somewhere that some people complained about Donna Tartt essentially showing off her knowledge and vocabulary in this book but I really don't see what the problem is; I enjoyed how she expressed herself and what's language for but as a tool to be able to express oneself in any way one wishes?

The story was pretty enthralling, though I did prefer the first half to the second. The second half was mostly concentrating on the psychological, which was interesting, but there was so much drug and alcohol usage which seemed to drag on too long for my liking.