rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
The Rose That Grew from Concrete - Tupac Shakur I loved this poetry collection. I had no idea that Tupac had actually written poetry, though I'll always be a big fan of his music, especially the socially-conscious songs. A lot of the poems are heartfelt, bemoaning social issues, injustices and racism. A few are also very poignant, especially the one where he talks about his girlfriend suffering from a miscarriage. There are also some poems dedicated to the loves of his life,Marilyn Monroe, Nelson Mandela, Vincent Van Gogh, etc. The poems show his intelligence and sensitivity and you can almost sense him healing and maturing through his words.