rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Ossuaries - Dionne Brand Dionne Brand is one of the speakers at the Margaret Atwood talk I'll be attending in a couple of weeks. On a whim I picked up this poetry collection at the library, mainly because I liked the title. I loved it. Basically the entire book is a single poem telling the story of a woman named Yasmine. Yasmine's story, and her thought process, are quite bleak.I'm really surprised I hadn't heard of her before, especially as she's Toronto's Poet Laureate.