rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald The first time I read this book, 3-4 years ago, I gave it a 4-star rating. I don't re-read too many books these days because my to-read shelf is drastically out of control, but I have been thinking about why ,in the case of this re-read, I enjoyed it more the second time around. Perhaps it's because I now focus equally on the writing style techniques as well as the plot, perhaps because I am already acquainted with the story and the character, I can focus on other aspects I missed the first time around. In any case, I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to discussing it this evening with my bookclub.