rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Bonjour tristesse - Françoise Sagan "Goodbye Sadness." I was drawn to the screen adaptation of this book years ago because of the title and I really enjoyed it. I decided to read this book in French as it's not too long and therefore didn't seem too overwhelming to me.

The main character, 17 year old Cecile, was something else! It was interesting to read Cecile's scheming thoughts, though you can't help but think what a spoiled brat she is. With a playboy father like Raymond who doesn't really parent her, I guess it's not a surprise. I'm also thinking she had an Oedipus complex.

Well-written and very interesting. I plan on reading the English version soon to see if I've missed anything.