rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
The Sandman, Vol. 6: Fables and Reflections (The Sandman, #6) - Neil Gaiman, Stan Woch, Bryan Talbot, P. Craig Russell I read a lot of graphic novels (Asterix, Tintin etc) as a child but this was probably my first adult graphic novel.I was seriously impressed. Despite the fact that it was a comic book, and I generally expect to see simple writing in those, the calibre of the writing was very high and the stories were quite intellectual and thought-provoking. The graphics were great too. And, as a history lover, seeing all the famous historical characters in this book was really quite cool.

Just one teensy little gripe: in one of the earlier stories, the cursive writing was extremely hard to read (and I have excellent eyesight).

I am definitely going to read the other books in the series. Speaking of which, I started the series on Volume 6 because I received this volume for my birthday (thank you Shirley <3) but I don't think that hurt my enjoyment of the book in any way.