rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Hunger - Knut Hamsun, George Egerton Very reminiscent of a couple of books I have already read, including Orwell's Down and Out in Paris and London. Very dire account of a starving writer trying to find work and food at the same time.

Especially interesting to me was the fact that the protagonist still valued maintaining his dignity over everything else.

His interior dialogue was definitely reminiscent of Job speaking to God in the Old Testament.

I liked the archaic style the book was written in. Case in point was the word "zounds" which I wish could find its way back into common English usage :)

This is a book which is worthy of a re-read.