rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
The Orange Girl - Jostein Gaarder This was a lovely story. 15 year old Georg is handed a letter his now-deceased father wrote to him 12 years ago. Georg was only 3 years old when his father passed away, therefore has no real memories of him. The letter his father writes recounts a story of "the orange girl."

I liked how the story was structured; first Georg reads a section of his father's letter and then he digests and questions what he's just read. As the letter progresses, we can see Georg's thinking process and see how he evolves.

Be warned: I got a bit teary-eyed towards the end of the book.