rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
What Pooh Might Have Said to Dante and Other Futile Speculations - Manny Rayner I feel a bit shy about writing a book review of a book that consists of great book reviews but I'll give it a go!

These are the most creative book reviews I've ever read in my life. They come in so many different formats and styles, each one unique. They are all absolutely hilarious, witty and smart. I think I would understand more of the humour in some of them had I actually read the book in question, but for the most part I had read the books or at least had an idea of what they were about. I did leave the Infinite Jest and Finnegan's Wake reviews for when I read those books later on this year.

The book reviews are divided up into sections, my favourites being Children, Literachuh and Linguistics, Philosophy and Sociology.

The title of the book and the cover are also brilliant :)The words on the picture of the bear read "Ceci n'est pas un ourson." An homage to Magritte perhaps?

p.s- Manny, you sure are fascinated with Stephenie Meyer ;)