rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Le Petit Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Oh this book! The Little Prince has been my faithful and trusted friend since I was a child. It's amazing how differently I looked at the book as an innocent 9 year old to the adult who I am now. The simple truths in this book are amazing, I could quote them for days and days. They are very philosophical and even though they are often over-quoted, it doesn't make them less true. The illustrations are simple. I re-read this book at least once a year to remind myself to be as inquisitive as a child. Having read both the English and French versions, I can say I love them equally in both languages.

This book will always have a special place on my bookshelf.