rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Silver Sparrow - Tayari Jones An intriguing story about an African-American man, James, who is a bigamist. James is married to two women at the same time,and has a daughter by each of them. The weird thing is James is actually a good man and it's easy to sympathize with his predicament.

I liked the structure of the book; the first half was narrated by Dana, daughter of the second wife, and the second half was narrated by Bunny, daughter of the first wife. As Chaurisse didn't knows that her father was already married, it was pretty interesting to see what she made of things she saw and heard that we knew the cause of. One alternately feels sorry for both Chaurisse and Dana.

All the characters in the story are quite fascinating; they are all flawed human beings but that's what makes them human in my opinion.I breezed through the story, it was a very entertaining read.