rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Belonging: A Culture of Place - Bell Hooks This is a collection of essays all on different topics but a few of them did touch upon topics that had already been discussed. Still, I found it to be a very interesting read, especially how bell hooks tied in racial and class issues and ideas to environmentalism and how she stressed that we're losing touch with nature and the disastrous results that could result. I enjoyed reading about her growing up in Kentucky. Very nostalgic book.