rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
The Enchanted Wanderer: Selected Tales - Nikolai Leskov, David Magarshack, V.S. Pritchett I'm not sure how I came across this writer but I'm glad I did. This book is a collection of six engaging short stories. The titular story, The Enchanted Wanderer, is the longest and the most entertaining. It reminded me somewhat of Voltaire's Candide, but a tamed down version.

This book was different from other Russian novels I've read because instead of focusing on the aristocracy, the stories focus on the working class.

Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys Russian literature.