rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
An Introduction to Tourism - Robert W. Wyllie This is a very informative book and definitely made me look at tourism in a different light. Dr. Wyllie was my professor and one of the most personable teachers I have ever had. The main idea he tries to stress in the book is how tourism should be respected as a legitimate discipline in the academic world, not only for economic reasons but also because of its social, political and cultural consequences.

A lot in the book focuses on tourism in West Africa and also Scotland, where Dr. Wyllie is from. There are also interesting sections on literary tourism, sex tourism, dark tourism and heritage tourism.