rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Cultural Anthropology - Barbara D. Miller, Penny van Esterik, John Van Esterik This was the textbook I used for my freshman Anthropology course, which I loved. My professor had done a year of fieldwork with the Iskut First Nations in northern British Columbia. He really knew his stuff and explained the material in the book in a way I found fascinating. I definitely learned a lot from this book, especially about the concept of eurocentrism and also the fact that the word "exotic" used to describe someone or something is generally a no-no. Great pictures and case studies in this book. I would say it's a good introduction to anthropology but it doesn't go too much into depth.