rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
Full Woman, Fleshly Apple, Hot Moon: Selected Poems - Pablo Neruda, Stephen Mitchell “If we could do nothing for once,
Perhaps a great silence would
Interrupt this sadness,
This never understanding ourselves
And threatening ourselves with death,
Perhaps the earth is teaching us
When everything seems to be dead
And then everything is alive.”
— Pablo Neruda, Keeping Quiet

I loved this poetry collection; it contained so many odes to the most unlikeliest of subjects; ironing, watermelon, chestnuts, the poet's suit, for example.I was more touched than I thought I would be at his odes to animals and foods; Neruda definitely had a unique way of looking at things.

The language was very lyrical and sensual. This book also had the poems in Spanish on the left.That made me wish I had continued to study Spanish, it would have been nice to be able to read the poems in their original language. I will definitely be reading this one again.