rowena

Orientalism
Edward W. Said
Infinite Jest
David Foster Wallace
Finnegans Wake (Trade Paperback)
James Joyce
A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini This book definitely left an indelible impression on me. It really helped me understand Afghanistan's tragic history (the revolutions, Soviet invasion, the Taliban) and also how religion can be used to control people. Mariam and Laila's sisterhood was wonderful to me; the fact that they joined forces to fight a tyrant was so touching to me.I definitely couldn't read this book more than once; it was too tragic. Great writing.